Thursday, May 21, 2009

Disco garbage truck

Do you ever have those days where you're just down in the dumps? The world is gray and dreary and all you want to do is crawl under the covers and hope for happy dreams. The silver lining of these dark days is how easily little quirky things can make you smile once you emerge from the gloom.

A few weeks ago, I was on my way to work the morning after one of those dark days and noticed a garbage truck ahead of me. It's a bit of an oversized vehicle, so it has four yellow flashing lights on the back - one at each corner. What caught my attention, however, was the pattern of the lights. They would flash so that the lights diagonal from each other were on at the same time. You've seen the cover of Saturday Night Lights, right? I believe John Travolta's pose comes from The Hustle. Whatever the dance is called, I started cracking up picturing the unwieldy green vehicle in front of me grooving to disco music.

Yep, things were definitely looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment