Thursday, June 18, 2009

And you are...?

In keeping with the "What is this?" theme, here are a couple things I've come across I haven't really been able to understand.


This is a strange plant that's growing under an Aurora overpass. It looks like a skeleton plant. It's black and wirey, but still seems to be alive and happy. It makes me think of The Nightmare Before Christmas - how it's all dark and scary-looking, but tenderhearted.

Hey look - a large lego! Okay, not really. But that's what I think of every time I see these around the city. They're replacing the ramps on the corners of sidewalks and I'm sure there's something to do with traction/non-slip something or other, but I think it just makes it look like Legoland.



Did they bolt the cement to the ground or something? The ironic thing is the cement is cracked wherever these are.

This is just above the bolted cement wall. Behind the fence is a paved playground, so I'm not really sure what this is meant to drain.

Does the fact that I notice these things mean I haven't lost my child-like curiousity? Or that I'm hopelessly naive and out of touch? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment