Saturday, June 13, 2009

"Got Humor?"

I'm one of those people who almost unconsciously reads everything that crosses my path during the day. Sometimes this is informative "oh, I saw the sign for the exit back there." Sometimes it's entertaining "hm, lets see if I can read the poster taped to the window (i.e. backwards)." And sometimes it brightens my day with a private joke. If there are other people around I might share my find, otherwise I just smile and chuckle to myself.

...oh, did you want me to share some examples?

Facial products tend to do all they can to portray their beautiful/gentle/glowing qualities. Which made it funny to see a facial scrub is a "desincrustant" in what I believe was Swiss. Yes, let's get rid of that awful crustiness on our skin, ladies. Speaking of exfoliating, doesn't this tree look in need of a good scrub? (and yes, believe it or not that was exactly what I thought when I passed it, before ever seeing the facial scrub...)


You've probably heard of the fiasco the dairy board encountered when they tried to use their "Got Milk?" slogan outside of the U.S. It's just not as appealing when translated as "Are You Lactating?", wouldn't you agree? But while I got a laugh out of it, it sounds like some people took it too literally and were offended.

Then there are the hidden gems. The things that make all that random reading worthwhile.
This may look like a normal garage, but look closer.


I am only a block away from a Fallout Shelter! Just think how valuable that information will be if I pull a Chicken Little and start thinking the sky is falling!

No comments:

Post a Comment