Thursday, June 11, 2009

Things you never knew you needed, Part 2

I got another Current Catalog and I was going to share with you the Cell Phone Arm Band (forget your iPod, this is next big thing!) but I couldn't find it on their site. Did they sell out? Was it a flop? Did they have too many other curiosities battling to be promoted?

Then there was a Hercules Hook Set ("Hercules! Hercules!" I haven't even seen the movie, but that's what popped in to my head when I spotted the name). But that one's nowhere to be seen either. Maybe "As Seen on TV" stole it.

But don't despair! There are still kooky, but oddly useful items for me to review for you!


Twist & Spout Garden Pourer. Don't you love it when they make a play on words to create a catchy title? Personally I just use a regular water glass to water my plants, but if you happen to have extra liter-sized water bottles lying around, this would be quite handy.

Pot Protectors. The first time I looked at these I thought they were just for packing things up when you're moving. Turns out they're designed for those who don't want to scratch the non-stick surfaces of the pans by stacking them. Hmm, I guess the space considerations of sharing an apartment with a tiny kitchen make such worries seem superfluous. But hey! It says they can be used as trivets! Apartment living is all about multipurpose goods.


Dryer Lint Brush. So that's how you get to the lint that makes it through the lint trap.




Door Stoppers. According to the makers they "Prevent doors from unexpectedly swinging shut and possibly locking you out of the house!" Unless you live in a temperate climate, I can't see having a perpetually open door being a good thing... However, they go on to say they are "Ideal to use when small children are present - eliminates pinched fingers on little ones." The last time I pinched a little one's fingers they were in the hinge-side of the door. I get the feeling that would still be possible with these. (don't worry! That was years ago - no permanent damage, I promise!)

All photos from http://www.currentcatalog.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment